Pages

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Babushka Pinafore

I made this pinafore dress for my niece's 1st birthday. It's the first time I tried fusible applique on clothing - I hope it sticks!
The pattern for both the dress and the applique are from ottobre 1-2009-8. I used a spotted quilting cotton for the bodice lining and a really stiff navy corduroy for the dress. If I had to do it over again, I'd used a thinner, softer corduroy. The navy corduroy is leftover from when hubby and I recovered a couch years ago! We thought it'd be cool to have corduroy - and it was! - but it was also a horrible lint collector.

The applique is a great use for quilting scraps.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry to add word verification. Too much spam lately....

 

©2009 21 Wale | by TNB