I wanted to make a quick knit dress for Sara, so I chose a pattern I'd used before: this bubble dress. I eliminated the bubble skirt feature and made a normal dress. I also added three inches to the length since I knew the dress was on the short side. There's plenty of length there now, since I've started tracing the next size up to allow for the ridiculous amount of sprouting up that happened this summer. At this rate, she's going to pass up her older brothers!
You can't see the details well, but there are raglan sleeves which are gathered with elastic. The bodice has some decorative shirring close to the neckline and, as you can see in the photo above, that cute feature which Sara likes so much makes the neckline poke out. Sara didn't notice that, of course. She's well pleased and wore the dress to church this morning.
If I made this again, I'd take the waist in a bit. The style is all right, but a bit on the frumpy side.
The fabric is from Chez Ami.