Today I stepped on my sewing machine's familiar foot pedal for the first time in 2 1/2 months. I had forgotten how loud and clunky my trusty old Kenmore is.
This coin pocket is a small piece of the pair of corduroy jeans I cut out for Alex just before we packed up to move. I need to tackle these pants right away before he grows out of them - if he hasn't already.
The pocket is small, but it represents a lot of steps:
1. Unpacking and thawing the sewing machines (from 2 months in cold storage).
2. Deciding where to put the sewing "area".
3. Stringing the appropriate cords and power strips here and there.
4. Deciding where to stash my stash and notions in my new "area". Now I have a dedicated closet for the fabric. Very nice.
5. And then organizing the chaos of the rest of the house (and my brain) to sit down and sew a straight line.
I'll call it coin pocket catharsis.