The last time we were at IKEA, I paused in front of the display of curtain panels. You'll hardly be surprised that the sewist in me didn't see curtains; she saw fabric. I was doing a quick calcuation in my head (hmm...that works out to about 3 dollars a yard...) when I heard my husband's voice behind me, "Those would make great pants!"
So here they are. One panel was good for two pairs of pants (one big, one little) so one panel is still waiting in my fabric closet for its turn under the needle.
My pants are an extension of the BurdaStyle Ruby shorts I made recently. If I make them again, I may try to make them less wide-legged.
Sara's pants are simple elastic waisters with flared hems from Ottobre 4-2004-23. I added the decorative buttons on the sides and heart-shaped patch pockets.