This crazy dress has quite the details and I was very annoyed with the whole thing until I put it on Molly and saw that it's really cute despite all the mistakes I made.
While wearing the finished dress, Molly sat on my lap (her wish, not mine) while I finished stitching the elastic to the bloomer legs. I pulled the bloomers off the machine, snipped the threads, and put them straight onto Molly. I was very pleased that, at such a tender age, Molly was able to witness with her own little eyes the origin of her clothing!
The details: front and back square necks (on both shell and lining, of course), front and back pintucks (the lining is gathered instead), a hem band attached to the sleeveless lining and peeking out of the shell. Oh, and the miserable button placket. Actually, attaching the lining to the placket was the miserable part. In the end, I finally realized that I had misaligned the square front yoke between the shoulders and that caused a domino effect so the lining didn't fit the placket and neckline. Improvisation was necessary.