It was actually very quick to stitch and is really comfortable in the lycra jersey I used. The pattern is Ottobre 2-2008-10. I used a bit of floral cotton for the placket facings - a little interest no one will see much.
I did an experiment this time around - without making any sort of muslin, of course - and used Shannon's forward shoulder adjustment (or at least what I understand of it) instead of my old method. Her method seemed to be an improvement on mine for two reasons: 1. It doesn't add fabric to the back shoulder blade/back armscye area, which I didn't seem to need anyway; and 2. It adds to the overall measurement of the armscye (i.e. lowers the armhole), which is something I did need. Next I will try the method on a more fitted top instead of a cardigan.