Sara has a good number of summer tops, but is short in the shorts department. The bike shorts I whipped up last week went over so well, I've been inundated with requests for more. The girls have been searching the stash for more colors, not as concerned about the lycra content of the knits as they should be (:
The black cotton lycra shorts will also go well with Sara's gymnastics leotards. They are a shortened version of Ottobre 3-2010-10 (Lime Jersey Shorts).
Next up are a pair I drafted with instructions from Metric Pattern Cutting for Children's Wear. I was greatly disliking these when I first made them, mostly because of the unpleasant poly poplin I used, but also because they are baggier than I envisioned and my freehanded pockets look ridiculously tiny. Sara chose the fancy fake metal button for embellishment.
Now that I've let the shorts sit for a few days, I don't think they're so terrible. In hindsight I should have used a tailored block instead of an easy fitting block to get the fit I was envisioning.
Last up are my favorite pair made with a leftover scrap of wonderful cotton ripstop. I wish I had bought yards and yards of this. But alas I didn't know what it was at the time.