This summer I've been noting how long and lanky Grace had been getting. Extremely so. So much so, that I finally realized her shorts were actually way too small, not that she'd grown quite so much.
Miss Particular wanted khaki elastic waist shorts that looked like they zipped up. I slightly altered an Ottobre pattern to give her something close to her favorite too-small shorts. I thought it was fun to add the piping, and the back pockets are cute (huge, but cute) with the elastic gathering the top hem.
I don't think she was keen on all the neat details, though, since she didn't start wearing them until I sneakily retired her old shorts.
And since I try to make everything in multiples, a denim pair was in order, this time with rainbow colored rick rack.
I added a button to make the faux fly look a little less faux.
These are great shorts. The pattern has these as bermuda length with additional trims at the hems, but I like the shortened length here.
And, yay, I was able to use up some less than half yard lengths of otherwise useless bottomweights.
Beach Boulevard Bermudas: Ottobre 3-2011-29.
Denim and khaki leftover from previous projects.