I was thinking "summer" when I traced this tunic pattern. Spring will be here officially in a few days, you know.
But after more thought, I made a coordinating long-sleeve shirt, so Sara'd be able to wear it now. We did get a blizzard last night, after all.
The rib-knit fabric isn't ideal for this pattern - something drapy-er would be better considering all the gathering, but I wanted to use the fabric and it worked better than I expected.
Both the neckline and hem have casing-enclosed elastic, and the skirt is gathered to the empire bodice with clear elastic. You can see the hem is lower in back than in front.
Sara's at the very beginning of this size range (I made size 140 and she's 135 cm tall), so the tunic is probably meant to be a little shorter.
I managed to get the denim leggings out of just barely a yard of really lightweight stretch denim. Phew! A while back, I made myself denim leggings out of the same piece of fabric, so I knew it'd work well for the purpose. She was skeptical, but I think she'll grow to like them.
And the obligatory age shirt - I have a few more to catch up on. The neckline looks rough - but the raw finish is intended. I wrote about when I made the shirt previously.
Playing with camera perspective (this was Sara's idea - she's an eternal goofball under her quiet demeanor).
Flower Fields Tunic (Ottobre 1-2010-34)
Sorja Slim Fit T-shirt (Ottobre 1-2009-34)
Denim leggings (Ottobre 1-2009-32).
Frenchie Stripes T-shirt (Ottobre 1-2011-30) with a freezer paper stencil embellishment.