Red paisley t-shirt and khaki shorts.
In an effort to organize the frantic ramblings of patterns, fabric, and clothing needs racing through my mind, I decided to plan a rough wardrobe for Sara and use that as a guide. The number of garments grew as I sewed, since I did a few multiples, but here's what I (I mean, she) ended up with:
- 1 pair shorts
- 1 pair capris
- 2 dresses
- 1 sweatshirt
- 4 t-shirts
- 1 summer blouse
Surprise, surprise, I used Ottobre patterns for all but one of the garments.
T-shirt with butterflies and stretch capris.
The red shirt above and the butterfly shirt are both (Ottobre 3-2010-31). I used a very lightweight stretch poplin-like fabric for the capris (Ottobre 3-2009-34), and apparently they're super comfortable, as they've gotten a lot of use so far. The side leg vents (not visible) are a nice feature. They zip on the side.
These interesting front pockets are another nice feature - they might be even more interesting if they were wide enough to be really useable! In a future pair, I'll lower the opening a bit.
And we have another duo top! These random pink knit scraps (from Hobby Lobby ages ago) worked perfectly for "Crystal Lizard Jersey Top" (Ottobre 1-2010-33). I knew she'd hate the shirt because it's pink, but went for it anyway. I noticed she quietly folded her new pink shirt and put it on her sister's dresser. Well, somebody will wear it anyway.
The next shirt is the same pattern, but in a single fabric. It has an elasticated neckline, giving it a peasant dress feel.
Wait, that's not 11 pieces! Stay tuned for the rest....