Tuesday, February 12, 2013
I think I can say my girls have the most unique leotards in their gymnastics club. And at $2-3 per suit, no doubt the least expensive.
All the girls wanted new leotards and spent an afternoon draping my nylon/lycra fabrics around the sewing room. But, this time it's just the one with no older sister (and thus no handmedowns) who gets the new suits.
The black and white checks are not so dizzying in real life. I can't decide whether I like the check or the floral better.
This is a great suit and pretty quick to sew up, but I forgot that last time I made the pattern, we found the legs were too snug - not dreadfully tight, but a little uncomfortable, despite the thinness of the wearer. That may be personal preference since my other girls didn't mind so much. Hopefully, though, I remember to adjust that next time.
This is Jalie 3138. It gives guidelines for general size by age and height, plus the usual bust/waist/height measurements. But the really good thing is that they give an additional measurement for torso length, making it easy for me to accommodate for a longer torso here without doing a muslin first.
at 3:37 PM