Here's my second go at Deer and Doe's Bruyere Shirt. The fabric appears to be a lovely red chambray and seemed perfect for an interesting button-up shirt. Unfortunately, all the cutting, stitching and pressing revealed it to be a melty fraying mess. After several washes, it has been holding up fine, though, so that's something.
Although I made some small bodice fit changes for the second version, I still have some drag lines in the back, more visible in the solid red than in the seersucker (see the seersucker version here).
In a future version, I may try a dress length instead.
On my second time through the pattern, I noticed how much I did not follow the instructions the first time around (which is, incidentally how I follow recipes, much to my husband's amusement). The directions are 'clever' and I used standard shirt-making techniques. I did omit the front facing intentionally.
I made these jeggings to go underneath: jeans weren't quite right. Leggings weren't quite right. I think these are a good compromise.
They are "Lampi Jeggings (Ottobre 5-2014-13). The pattern includes a leggings version, which is the same except without the pockets and fake fly. I omitted the front pockets for this pair.